Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Lick of Paint...

Hi again!

I am sorry I haven’t blogged for a while but time just seems to run away with me!  It’s a busy life being a working mom and sometimes there is very little time left for ME!  Anyway, where I do have a little time or make time for myself, I enjoy sitting on my laptop following other creative people’s blogs….yeah, I know, some people read a book, some people shop, me….I scout the internet!  Ok....I also paint and decorate and paint some more...!

I’ve come across so many blogs and websites that my favourites’ list is out of control.  There are a couple that I visit / follow on a regular basis…one of which is Paint Me White.  This blog really inspires me.  It gets my creative juices flowing.  I want a house like Sandy's!

So, what we attempted this past weekend, as a start, is to paint our bedroom a much lighter colour.  Before we moved in to our house, we painted the whole inside in a colour called Trade Winds….a biscuity beigy colour BUT in hindsight our house is too small to handle the colour.  We have given it a year and a bit but it’s now time for a change and although I can’t suddenly paint everything white, I can start by painting the walls a lighter colour which’ll open and freshen each room up!

Ok….so we chose a colour, got home on Sunday afternoon, adorned our painting clothes and started painting.  Well, we have landed up with ‘mint’ walls!  We didn’t choose ‘mint’….we chose an off white but because of the darker colour underneath, the off white has changed ‘mint’….I kid you not!  So it’s off to the paint shop we go again….will keep you updated!

In the meantime….you can ‘ooh and aah’ over some of
Paint Me White’s pics from Sandy's beautiful home!









Please pop on to Sandy's blog by clicking on the link above!

Bye for now,
Mandi

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mandi,
    congratulations on starting your blog. I found you from Sandy's site. She does some awesome stuff. I love white, and all that goes along with it. Looking forward to reading more of your blog.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mandi,
    I'm your newest follower. I found you thru Sandy's blog that I'm just starting to follow. Thanks for showing her house, it's beautiful. I'm learning how to paint furniture and really loving it. I'm with you on getting caught up in blogland, another thing I'm loving.
    So welcome to blogland and have a great day!
    KarenSue from Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa and KarenSue,

    Thank you so much for you lovely comments! I am so excited that you are following my blog! It is so inspiring!

    I hope to keep you inspired as I am with Sandy's and many other blogs!

    Take care,
    Mandi xx

    ReplyDelete